Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!


I have always adored my mom. I can remember as a child telling her that I was never going to leave her side. I wanted to live with her forever and the thought of growing older and moving on was unimaginable.

Time has changed my mind and thankfully so because now I have the wonderful experience of being a mom myself. Through these seven years of motherhood I have learned so much about myself. No other job can compare to the selfless and humbling job of a mom.

I am not only lucky to be a mom but to have such amazing women role models in my life. Through their wisdom and example I have grown and matured into what I hope is a compassionate, nurturing and flexible mom.

Here's to the many special moms in my life. Thank you for your tireless and unconditional love.

I love you Mom, Happy Mothers Day!

3 comments:

Brookshome said...

Thank You, Joy
I feel the same way. I am so proud of you. Being a mother was my great joy. I am so proud to have the two daughters I have. I watch both of you and I am amazed at what caring, responsible adults you have become. You are a great mother, wife and daughter. Have a Happy Mother's Day and remember I will always love you.
Love mom

Joy said...

Thank you mom, that was nice. I love you and am so very proud to call you my mom. XOXO

Brookshome said...

Joy, I received the Mother's Day present and love it. Call me tomorrow. XOXO I still love to see those letters. It reminds me of my Mom and her Valentine's cards. By the way there is a great documentary on HBO this week about Alzheimers. Love you, MOM