Monday, June 1, 2009

dance, dance and more dancing...


The past weekend was spent going from dress rehearsals to dance performances and juggling a few birthday parties in the mix.

It's a busy time of year but thankfully summer and it's lazy days are creeping around the corner. Let it begin, bring on summer vacation! Maybe soon I'll be able to catch up on my postings of family visits, birthday parties and weekend trips. Wait, who am I kidding... the kids are out of school it will be even crazier!


Flash photography and filming were not permitted in the auditorium so I was unable to get the actual dances. I did order a DVD of the THREE hour performance so if wanted you'll get to see it too.


When the show was over Ella wanted me to take photos of her and her friends on the stage. She has never performed on a real stage in front of a large audience before, I was surprised how relaxed she was, no big deal to her.


Posing for a photo with friends and her Jazz instructor Ms. Penny.


When I asked her what dance class she enjoyed most this year she said tap because she could be loud and make noise. Funny and true.


After the first performance we ate lunch and then it was back to the auditorium to get ready for the next show. What a long day she had.


Daddy's are good for all sorts of things especially keeping track of dance shoes.


Is it me or is someone starting to pose a bit for the camera.


Pretty flowers for our dancer. They looked so lovely sitting on her desk, I had to take a picture. Nice job little bug, you were wonderful. May you always have fun dancing. I'll forever enjoy watching you.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love the first costume and picture! What a beauty! But where are her teeth in most of the pictures, she smiles with her mouth closed? Still beautiful and love the flowers on her desk!