Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Adios.


I just got the word that we've been waiting nine months to hear...done. That simple word minutes ago was uttered by our realtor. Whew, it's been a long go and we've been holding our breath until the deal was completely finished.

It's all done, closed and recorded. No longer our home but someone else's. I was so exited to hear the good news that I went straight to the computer. I wanted to find a photo of our (past) home upload it to the blog and share my feelings of excitement. That was the plan until, I opened the above photo.

I took this photo on my way out the door in August. This small sticky note managed to hold strong for almost two years. It was placed on that window by Ella during the first few months of kindergarten. Her Spanish teacher sent home a list of Spanish words and suggested we place them appropriately around our home. This was the only sticky note that remained. It still does, I think. I've thought about taking it down but I never could. I wonder how long it will take the new owners to remove it. Maybe I should have someone go to the house and reclaim it. Just a thought.

So anyway, I wanted a cute photo of our charming little house and instead I opened this. La ventana, the window. I'm not as excited now. Now, I'm a little sad. Sad or not it's done. Our SLC home is no longer ours it's someone else's. Take the good take the bad it's done. Moving on.

No comments: