Saturday, January 31, 2009

Scott just shakes his head...


I don't know what I was thinking. We were rushing to get to the movie theater and I had two kids sprawled out on the floor in the Gap with their shoes off surrounded with prospective buys. In the midst of it all I had a week moment and somehow the shoes that I told Bug to not even "think about trying on," managed to make it into our shopping bag and out the door.

She calls them her high heels and that they are. To high for a seven year old that is. What's the obsession with a heel (or in this case a wedge) on your shoe when you're in grade school? She says it's because her friends get to wear them and when they plan their outfits together she is the only one who's not wearing heels. This I highly doubt given that she has a school uniform code and that I do know most of the other girls parents. Oh, but wait, we don't need to worry about that since she won't be wearing them to school or to run and play outside in either because that was the deal we made.

Where she'll wear them I don't know but you can bet I'll be checking her backpack as she leaves the house every morning.

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a little stinker! I remember when I was her age and I was obsessed with heals too. Oh Bug, don't grow up too fast.